Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing
Hygiene and antimicrobial products, like disinfectants and sanitizers, provide an added level of reassurance that consumers are doing everything we can to reduce the risk of exposure to potentially pathogenic microorganisms.
We are experts in partnering with our clients in the development and practical efficacy confirmation phases of antimicrobial product development. We have the technical expertise to support all pre-registration work for hard surface, laundry, aircare and dishcare products (food contact and non-food contact) under a variety of regulatory schemes:
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) – United States
- Pest Control Products Act (PCPA) – Canada
- Biocidal Products Directive – European Union
As a part of formulation development and efficacy confirmation, antimicrobial agents may also be assayed for the minimum concentration that can inhibit the growth of specific microorganisms. Through the efficacy tests listed below, we can also help develop new applications or techniques for special or non-routine requests.
- Zone of Inhibition (ZOI)
- Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC)
- Time Kill Assays
- Disinfectant Efficacy Testing
- Product comparisons for Claims Substantiation