Do you put your empty soda/beer cans in the trash or in a recycling container? What about metal cans that contain soups and vegetables? Recycling reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills, conserves natural resources and saves energy!
Marvelous Metals Recycling Stats
- Only 30% of metal is recycled.
- A used aluminum can may be recycled and back on the grocery shelf in as little as 90 days.
- For each aluminum can you recycle, you save enough energy to run a TV for three hours.
- Currently, the single most recycled consumer product in the U.S. is the aluminum can.
- Every year, around 400 million tons of metal are recycled worldwide.
- Nearly 40% of worldwide steel production is made using recycled steel.
- In the U.S. alone, around 100 million steel and tin cans are used every day.